Thursday, February 16, 2012

Levers, Wheel and Axle, Pulley






























My pulley was of a flag pole. A pulley is used to change direction of a force. A pullley is a wheel atached to support with a rope. The fulcrum on my pully is the center or the wheel on the flag pull. The load is the American flag. The effort is the person raising or lowering the flag.






















For my lever i did a teeter-totter with two kids on it. A lever is used to increase speed and also increase forcce (pry). The fulcrum in my lever is the bars in the middle holding it up. The load is the person that is the lower side of the teeter-totter, and the effort is the child on the other end that is on the higher end.






















My wheel and axle I drew a car but the wheel and axle is the wheels on the tire. Wheel and axles' are to make things easier. The fulcrum is the very center of the tire the axle is the rim part and the wheel part is the outer part of the tire.











2 comments:

  1. Your drwings were good. You also explained it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pink car! good job with your descriptions of the machines.

    ReplyDelete